HELLO DECEMBER 2021
HELLO DECEMBER 2021
FABULOUS THINGS THAT HAPPENED LAST MONTH
1. Going to see ‘Everybody’s talking about Jamie’ the musical at Leeds Grand Theatre
2. A lovely lunch with a close friend at Harvey Nichols Brasserie in Leeds
3. My gorgeous nephews 4th birthday party
4. An amazing Hydra Facial at Kosmetiko clinic in Kirkburton, Huddersfield
5. Putting our Christmas decorations up!!
LIFESTYLE, LEISURE, PLACES & HOME
Getting the house ready for the Festive Season
I adore decorating the house for Christmas & I must admit we have no less than 4 full size Christmas trees & 2 small ones in both the kids bedrooms. Our house is 3 storeys so 4 trees doesn’t look as much as it sounds plus I just love a gorgeous tree!
Our main tree in the living room is my beautiful tree. All gold & blush, every decoration has to be perfect and I adore it. Our kitchen tree is my ‘showgirl’ tree as a nod to my days as a professional dancer. Its rose gold & sparkly with feather plumes at the top!! My lower hallway tree is all whites & purples and looks gorgeous in our entrance and then my 4th tree in our upper hallway is my most precious as it’s full of decorations we’ve collected over the years from our travels, ones our children have made and decorations with precious memories. It still has a red and white basic theme but the decorations don’t match, they just mean the world to us & I love it.
BEAUTY, HEALTH & STYLE
I’d heard so many good reports about Hydrafacials and so as a treat, during a very busy period at work, I booked myself in at Kosmetiko Clinic in Kirkburton, Huddersfield.
I have never had much of a problem with my skin but, as I’m getting a little older my main problem is dryness which can give fine lines as you age.
The Hydrafacial is a (4 part process etc etc = get description)
It’s not a luxurious relaxing facial with lovely essential oils, but it’s also not painful in any way & I loved the extraction part of it. At the end my therapist showed me the ‘gunk’ that came out of my skin which is fascinating.
For the rest of the day my skin felt more plumped up and my pores were very clear. I’ve heard the results last for a couple of weeks at least so I’ll see what the verdict is and whether I want to have Hydrafacials on a regular basis.
RESTAURANT OF THE MONTH
The Alchemist Leeds Trinity
One of my favourite places to visit, especially at this time of year. I’ve visited many alchemists in the UK & the food is always good value for money, the cocktails are fabulous but Leeds Trinity definitely has the best atmosphere. Its always busy, probably because it’s situated in the shopping centre and people go in for cocktails after work or shopping so I always pre book. The dining area is a little more spacious than the bar area so you can enjoy your meal & drinks without feeling squashed. The staff are always really friendly and efficient. Just wondering if I can squeeze another visit in before Christmas!!!
COCKTAIL OF THE MONTH
CHOCOLATE ORANGE COCKTAIL
- 100g golden caster sugar
- zest of 1 orange or clementine
- grated dark chocolate , to decorate
- 100ml vodka
- 100ml crème de cacao
- 60ml orange syrup
- 40ml orange juice
- STEP 1First make an orange syrup. Combine 100ml water with the golden caster sugar and the orange or clementine zest in a pan and bring to the boil. Cool and strain the syrup.
- STEP 2Chill 4 coupé glasses, then dampen the rims with a little water and dip in the grated dark chocolate. In a cocktail shaker, shake the vodka, crème de cacao, orange syrup and orange juice with ice (you may need to make in 2 batches). Pour into the glasses.
FILM/TV SHOW OF THE MONTH
A Year in Provence with Carol Drinkwater
Provence is a place I dream to spend time in in the near future so this programme piqued my interest instantly. The colours, the culture, the lifestyle, the food and drink, the weather, it’s all so enticing and I long to visit again soon.
I’ve visited Cannes & Marseille which are stunning but I’ve only really visited the touristy spots whereas this programme highlights the more rural side of the region along with Carol’s delightful olive farm and it’s just beautiful.
It’s a stunning documentary series and has made me want to accelerate my plans to tour the region.
THIS MONTH I’M LOVING
That my work load is calming down a little after a crazy November
THIS MONTH I’M NOT LOVING
Getting dark so early!
THIS MONTHS FAVOURITES
1. Cheesy Halmark Christmas Movies
2. Mince Pies
3. Masterchef The Professionals
4. I’m a celebrity
5. The High Performance Podcast with Jake Humphrey & Prof Damian Hughes
THOUGHT FOR THE MONTH