HELLO OCTOBER 2022
FABULOUS THINGS THAT HAPPENED LAST MONTH
1. Some lovely meals out with friends in and amongst a crazy work schedule this month
2. An afternoon at my brother & sister-in-law’s for afternoon tea after the Queen’s funeral to celebrate her life. Not a fabulous thing but a sad yet lovely way to remember her.
3. We’re getting lots of orders for our balloon business – @balloonsanddreams
4. Lots of success in my Theatre School
5. Lots of time in my garden & dog walks, keeping me calm during a very stressful work period.
6. A documentary Isabelle recorded a voiceover for when she was 12 as a young Princess Elizabeth was aired on ITV after the Queen passed.
LIFESTYLE, LEISURE, PLACES & HOME
HRH Queen Elizabeth
It’s been a sad few weeks after the death of our beloved HRH Queen Elizabeth 2nd. I am a big Royalist, I love our Monarchy and it’s been a sad unsettling time. Like everyone, the child inside me thought she would be with us forever as it’s all most of us have ever known. Of course at 96 we knew it was coming but somehow it was still a shock as it happened so quickly in the end.
Some people will be thoroughly annoyed at all the coverage, but I’m absolutely delighted to see they really are in the minority and the vast amount of people in the UK and around the world have been very upset by it and have shown astounding support & passion for the Monarchy and our late Queen.
I will support King Charles 3rd wholeheartedly and I think he will be a wonderful King. With Camilla & of course William by his side he will be a compassionate & empathetic King of the people who, like his mother, will put duty first. God save the King!
BEAUTY, HEALTH & STYLE
I’ve been getting quite a lot of Perimenopausal symptoms over the last few months including my hair getting very thin which was worrying me. I also haven’t felt ‘myself’ for quite a while without really being able to put my finger on as to why!!!
I’m naturally a positive person & I love life but my mood had been slightly lower for a while with nothing in particular wrong, just not feeling quite right.
I then watched Davina’s fabulous documentaries on the menopause and it spurred me into booking an appointment at my Dr’s. Her saying that it’s much better health wise to deal with it sooner rather than later really made me want to do something about it & why suffer if you don’t need to.
Lots of women have said that when they did see their Doctors about it they were dismissive or clearly didn’t know much about the menopause themselves but I have to say mine was fabulous.
She has put me on a low dose of HRT to see how I get on with it. It’s early days as yet but I will report how it works for me when I’ve been on it for a few months & when/if I see & feel any differences.
RESTAURANT OF THE MONTH
Oblix East Bar in The Shard London
We had a fabulous trip to London in August to watch Les Misérables. Having visited the Shard a couple of times I wanted to take my parents and I’ve found one of the best ways to do it is go for drinks in Oblix bar & restaurant.
It has a glorious view over Tower Bridge and across to Canary Wharf & is a wonderful, modern restaurant where you can take drinks and afternoon tea.
Oblix West is a formal, fine dining restaurant with views over St Paul’s and across to Westminster.
COCKTAIL OF THE MONTH
- 1 tbsp crème de cassis
- 1 fresh or frozen blackberry
- STEP 1
Pour the crème de cassis into the bottom of a champagne flute.
- STEP 2
Top with chilled champagne and garnish with the fresh or frozen blackberry.
FILM/TV SHOW OF THE MONTH
Sense & Sensibility 1995
I’m extremely late to the party with this one but, I’ve been re reading a lot of the Classic books recently that I haven’t read since my teens & twenties and then following them up with the movie. This one stands the test of time with a who’s who of British Acting Royalty in the cast and beautifully directed with stunning cinematography. Simply beautiful!
THIS MONTH I’M LOVING
Reading! Its such a busy time at work for me but reading is an escape which I love & need to clear my mind.
THIS MONTH I’M NOT LOVING
No free time what so ever this month
THIS MONTHS FAVOURITES
1. The Spencer’s Arms – Cawthorne Barnsley
2. Any film, documentary, TV series etc about our Monarchy past & present
3. Pinot Grigio blush – it’s needed in copious amounts this month!!!!
4. The Family Diaries with Billie & Greg
5. Pure Retinol Night Serum – L’Oreal
THOUGHT FOR THE MONTH