TRY SOMETHING NEW EVERY WEEK
New Years Resolutions are often made with every good intention at the start of each New Year then abandoned a week or two into January. This year, instead of unkept promises to myself I decided to make a list of 52 ideas to try a new thing each week, but starting now with Summer inspiration instead of in January. We’re often more inspired in the Spring & Summer when the nights become lighter and the weather improves so I think now is a great time to think of some fab things you’d like to do & achieve this year and next. These are some of my ideas some big some small. Some I’ve already achieved and the rest I’m very excited to do & experience throughout the year.
1. Read more– I’ve been reading 2 books per month since January
2. Cook recipes from good cookery books – my plan for the summer holidays when I have a bit more time
3. Do an indoor sky dive – done
4. Go to Harry Potter World again- done once and loved it!
5. Go to Center Parcs – our annual trip is always a highlight
6. Save money every week – ongoing
7. Book our summer holiday – done, Tenerife for 2022
8. Book our Florida holiday – moved to 2023
9. Gym 3 times every week – On a mission!
10. Visit Ireland I plan to go in the next few months
11. Take Isabelle & Max to Amsterdam – Isabelle is very interested in Anne Frank – done
12. Do a vision/mood board – loving creating my mood board! Inspiration!
13. Sort all my photo albums – a job for the Summer!
14. Update my kids achievement files & results books – done!
15. File all my paperwork – done!
16. Add to the memory jar from 2016-2022 events
17. Do tough Mudder! – booked to do in July 😁😁😁
18. Climb Snowdon – I plan to do this at some point this year
19. Sip dubonet on a stool – sounds random but it’s a personal thing!
20. Eat at a Michelin star restaurant – done
21. Get an Indian Head Massage – Self care is a necessity not a luxury
22. Play monopoly – family games nights are a great way to spend quality time together!
23. Have a cocktail day out – done many times!!!!
24. Do a gratitude journal – I do this every morning
25. Launch a small business as a side hustle – done – firstname.lastname@example.org
26. Do a short cookery course – bucket list
27. Watch a classic film I’ve not seen – done
28. Join a book club – I really want to find the time to do this
29. Perform a random act of kindness – ongoing
30. Have a makeover & photo shoot – done
31. Book a family photoshoot – we really need some updated professional family photos
32. Get caricatures done of the kids – I’ve been wanting to get them done for ages
33. Master the art of self confidence -ongoing but definitely improving in my 40’s
34. Donate to charity – ongoing
35. Practice Self Care – ongoing & I’m getting much better at it
36. Get a deep tissue body massage – I really must get this booked!
37. Do our bedroom & turn into a haven – in the process of
38. Go on a mini break to Paris – done via Eurostar last October
39. Take more photographs – doing
40. Go on a Spa day – done (but I love going to spa’s on a regular basis)
41. Visit a clairvoyant – done (this one was a load of rubbish)
42. Get another Michael Kors bag – done
43. Do an online blogging course – I want to improve my skills
44. Have a big de clutter & clear out – doing
45. Update our will – these things are important
46. Go on a long family walk – doing
47. Take Isabelle & Max to a live concert – not quite sure who we’d all like to see
48. Do a creative hobby at home such as cooking, making jams & chutneys, growing vegetables, baking etc – ongoing and loving it
49. Grow my own herb garden – done
50. Host a dinner party – done many times
51. Research my family tree – Isabelle started in lockdown & I want to continue it
52. Find an hour a day for ‘me’ time – doing
You can think of anything big or small such as
A new haircut
Bake someone a birthday cake
Volunteer for a day
Learn Yoga or Pilates
Print up your photos and put in albums
Trace your family tree
Go for a long walk or bike ride
Plant some seeds and grow something either in a window box or garden
Give someone a compliment
Perform a random act of kindness
Join or start a book club
Go to a museum
Go on a picnic (weather permitting)
Learn a new skill
Call someone you haven’t seen in a long time
Play a board game with your family
Donate to a charity
Switch off phones, laptops and technology for a day
Have a major clear out
Watch a sunset or sun rise
I hope you’re inspired to try some new things this year. I believe life is about experiencing new things and creating memories with the ones you love.
Leave a comment with some of your ideas too!
Lots of love