10 IMPORTANT LESSONS THIS YEAR HAS TAUGHT ME
2020 Certainly didn’t go how anyone planned it and it really has been a year like no other. We’ve all struggled at various times but some people have definitely had it harder than others which makes you appreciate what you have in life. We’ve definitely all learned some important life lessons this year that we need to ensure we remember for the years to come. The 10 most important lessons I will take with me from 2020 are these:
- That there is absolutely nothing more important than your family and their happiness.
- In the future I won’t give up hours of my time for anyone who doesn’t appreciate it, my family & good friends come first.
- That its better to have a smaller group of friends who you love & trust with your life than having a huge group of people where many of them are fake or even toxic in your life. Life is way too short to give these people any of your time.
- Don’t worry about the silly little things. The mantra I go by is ‘if it doesn’t matter in 5 years’ time don’t give it more than 5 minutes thought now’ This resonates even more now, there’s far more important things going on in the world.
- The importance of self-care. We’ve all had much more time at home, and I’ve looked after myself and had far less stress which has made me feel so much better. If you don’t look after yourself how can you look after anyone else?
- I’m good at making things fun, planning events, making things into an occasion and making the most of every minute. We did lots of great things in lockdown.
- That I’m a pretty positive & optimistic person. I had a few little wobbles like most people but overall I’ve stayed very positive, kept my family positive & the children I teach.
- That although it’s good to plan for the future, which I love to do, it’s so very important to enjoy the hear & now
- That dogs are good for the soul, I couldn’t have been without my beautiful Cavachon Dora this year.
- Just how very proud I am of my kids, they’ve coped absolutely brilliantly in lockdown and they are both beautiful people inside & out.
And…. That I am a good person. I’m not the most confident person inside but I’m definitely working on that but in a year which really has brought out the very best in some people & the very worst in others, I know I am a good person & I’m learning to love myself much more.