HELLO APRIL 2020
HELLO APRIL 2020
Spring & Easter is my favourite time of year and I’ve been so excited for some better weather, lighter evening, a few blissful days off work, family time and all the new beginnings Spring brings. I’m feeling slightly anxious as Max is going to Italy skiing with school the first week of the holidays. He can’t wait and I know he’ll have an amazing time but he’s my baby and the first time he’s been abroad without us. I’m thrilled he’s getting the opportunity though, what an amazing experience to look back on.
? Ok – Forget all that, so I wrote that a couple of weeks ago and oh my goodness look what’s happened. I’m now currently writing this whilst in isolation and having had to close my business! It’s a terrible time for everyone but we must all stay strong, stay indoors and we will fight this?
FABULOUS THINGS THAT HAPPENED LAST MONTH
1. Isabelle’s birthday, my baby is now 15!!!!
2. A twilight evening at Titanic Spa in The Colne Valley Huddersfield as a mum and daughter treat for Isabelle and I
3. We a booked Center Parcs break. We used to go every year but haven’t been for the past two years so we’re all looking forward to going back to our happy place! – Now I’m not sure this will still happen but I’m living with a bit of hope that by August we might be back to normal but who knows??
4. Max is absolutely loving his skiing lessons at The Chill factore in Manchester in preparation for his ski trip to Italy
?Sadly since writing this the Coronavirus has hit the world and unfortunately Max’s ski trip was cancelled. He was gutted but understood the seriousness of the situation.
LIFESTYLE, LEISURE, PLACES & HOME
Getting our outdoor areas ready for Spring & Summer
The recent winds and storms have played havoc to many peoples homes and gardens over the past few weeks and some poor people have had the most awful flooding in their homes and business. Luckily where I live we weren’t hit too badly but my back garden did suffer quite a bit so when the better weather kicks in my first job is to make improvements to our back garden. We need to start with the decking and painting the fences but I’m also looking forward to getting some new outdoor furniture and bits and pieces to modernise it all. I’ve been desperate for a hot tub for a long time but, as we won’t be getting a built in one until we move house I’m going to get a Lay z spa for this summer which the kids and I will love. Now we’re going to be at home for what could be a long time, like most other people I plan to get lots of jobs around the house done that have been on my ‘to do’ list for months. Cupboards will be cleared out, shelves will be sorted, the garden will be tended to and everyone’s house will be the cleanest & most organised they’ve ever been.
BEAUTY, HEALTH & STYLE
Healthy Lifestyle & home fitness
With Isabelle and Max at home, we’ve made a schedule for the week days as Isabelle is year 10 and Max year 7 so it’s important they keep on top of their work. The first hour of the day is going to be exercise/fitness and we have lots planned and lined up. Max, Tony & I are doing the with PE with Jo Wickes every morning plus Max is also continuing with his Karate practice, ab work & some running. Isabelle is running every morning then later on in the day I’m doing a core work and fitness programmes with her that you can do in the house. I’m also doing daily Yoga to relax and clear my mind. Exercise and keeping moving it going to be vitally important for everyone in the next few months and I intend to keep my family fit and healthy and our bodies moving. Having our gorgeous dog Dora is wonderful and I love taking her out for walks, especially as the weather improves. Walks with your dog are wonderful ways to get fresh air, clear your mind and appreciate what’s around you.
COCKTAIL OF THE MONTH
ice50ml tequila reposado25ml lime juice20ml triple sec (we used Cointreau)
For the garnish
salt2 lime wedges
- Sprinkle a few teaspoons of salt over the surface of a small plate or saucer. Rub one wedge of lime along the rim of a tumbler and then dip it into the salt so that the entire rim is covered.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, then add the tequila, lime juice and triple sec. Shake until the outside of the shaker feels cold.
- Strain the mix into the prepared glass over fresh ice. Serve with a wedge of lime.
FILM OF THE MONTHMy
Best Friends Wedding An oldie but a goodie! With time on my hands that I’ve never had before I’ve caught quite a few films on the TV and this fabulous one was on today and it was just what I needed. Fun, great performances, easy watching with a great soundtrack – what’s not to love?
THIS MONTH I’M LOVING
The clocks have moved forward, lighter nights, a little bit of sunshine and a feeling that Spring is here which makes this terrible situation a little easier. Plus, hard as it is I’m making the most of this time with my children. We won’t get this time again and there are many positives to pull from it.
THIS MONTH I’M NOT LOVING
This horrendous Coronavirus! Sad times! ?
THIS MONTHS FAVOURITES
1. ‘Last Tango in Halifax’ – I’m unbelievably late to the table with this but after catching an episode of the latest series last Sunday I then downloaded every episode from series 1 onwards and I’m loving it.
2. Masterchef is back- my absolute favourite.
3. Pink G&T’s
4. Forgive me Suzie rose gold liquid eye shadow (from my March birch box)
5. Crabtree & Evelyn Curiosity Corner candle
THOUGHT FOR THE MONTH