HELLO FEBRUARY 2020
- HELLO FEBRUARY 2020
- FABULOUS THINGS THAT HAPPENED LAST MONTH
- 1. My Max’s Birthday!
- 2. Our annual pantomime that I choreograph & our pupils perform in at The Lawrence Batley Theatre
- 3. Getting lots of trips etc booked for this year. It’s always lovely to have things to look forward to
- 4. A gorgeous meal out at one of our favourite places, Harvey’s, with good friends
- 5. Getting back to the gym and feeling better about myself.
LIFESTYLE, LEISURE, PLACES & HOME
- The Ivy Leeds
- I’ve always loved The Ivy in London so since the restaurant opened in Leeds I’d been wanting to find the time to visit. Having a bit of time off over Christmas and New Year I decided to book for the four of us to enjoy a family night out. Based in The Victoria Quarter in Leeds, the exterior of the restaurant is aesthetically pleasing and looked absolutely beautiful with its exquisite seasonal decorations. We were greeted immediately and throughout the whole evening the staff were very attentive even though they were very busy. The beautiful Art Deco interior gives a nod to it’s original London The Ivy but with a modern twist to it and the restaurant had a lovely glamorous atmosphere and vibe. The extensive menu has a wonderful array of delicious choices and had something for all of us. My children are not that adventurous with their culinary tastes but even they were happy with the choices on the menu. Tony and I had starters and enjoyed a retro prawn cocktail and a delicious mushroom dish then for our main course Tony had fish cakes, the children both had fish & chips and I had the most delicious lamb rump. All the meals were delicious and they were very generous portions. Overall the food is very well price but be careful with drinks as they doubled our bill and we only had a couple of drinks each.However, we had a wonderful evening and I will certainly going back, hopefully to try the lunchtime menu or afternoon tea next time.
- BEAUTY, HEALTH & STYLE
- Back to the gym
- It’s safe to say that I really neglected my fitness and health last year. I had an incredibly busy year at work and being a mum of two my own self care went by the wayside a little. I’ve felt sluggish for a while so I was determined to start a fresh in 2020 and so on New Years Day I re joined the gym. I used to run a lot but I’m not finding it as easy at the moment as I’ve had injuries to both my ankles (that I’ve not been to see anyone about!!!) so I’ve joined a gym that also has a pool so if I’m having a bad day with them I can swim instead. So far so good, I’m doing well, attending regularly and starting to feel better in myself. I want to make it a way of life and part of my regular routine to go 3 times a week. The new state of the art treadmills make it easier too as I can tune into Netflix and YouTube which makes the time fly by. Fingers crossed I start to feel much fitter very soon.
- COCKTAIL OF THE MONTH
- Pomegranate Mimosas for Valentines Day
- Pomegranate juice
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish
- In champagne flutes, fill 1/4 of the glass with pomegranate juice and top up with champagne. Garnish with pomegranate seeds
- FILM OF THE MONTH
- Little Women
- This has always been one of my favourite stories and I was looking forward to seeing this film in between Christmas & New Year with my mum and Isabelle. As soon as the credits began I was immediately transported to the world of these 4 sisters and The Marsh family. The visuals were perfect and created the most wonderful atmosphere for this day and age. Little Women has been adapted many times but this version had a very different spin on it as it was told through a series of flashbacks mainly through Jo’s eyes, played by the wonderful Saorise Ronan. You have to focus very carefully as it is quite complex in this form but I absolutely adored it from start to finish. No gimmicks, no special effects, just wonderful, honest and clever performances by a truly wonderful and talented cast. Everyone was cast perfect,y however for me Ronan along with Florence Pugh were simply outstanding.
- THIS MONTH I’M LOVING
- Eating more healthily & having more energy now I’m exercising more.
- THIS MONTH I’M NOT LOVING
- It’s cold, it’s wet, it’s dark! Roll on Spring!!
- THIS MONTHS FAVOURITES
- 1. Lorraine Kelly’s book ‘Shine’
- 2. Neom Organics real luxury bath foam
- 3. This Works deep sleep pillow spray
- 4. Cold Feet is back!!
- 5. My new Jade facial roller
THOUGHT FOR THE MONTH