HELLO OCTOBER 2020
FABULOUS THINGS THAT HAPPENED LAST MONTH
1. A lovely leaving party (of less than 30 people) for 6 of my students that are leaving us to go to Dance Colleges & University (luckily just before the new lockdown rules of only 6 people can meet up came in)
2. Re visiting Beamish Museum in County Durham. I’ve not been since I was young and I’ve been wanting to bring the kids for ages.
3. A beautiful lunch at 315 Restaurant Huddersfield before I went back to work & the kids went back to school
4. Finishing my first children’s book & making steps to get it illustrated
5. A fab day in Leeds for Isabelle & Max to have a youth driving lesson each then dinner & cocktails at The Alchemist, Trinity, Leeds
6. A delicious lunch at Devour, Holmfirth
7. A delicious Afternoon Tea at Holdsworth House in Halifax (where some scenes of ‘Last Tango in Halifax’ was filmed)
8. A lovely day spent with my parents at Uppermill, Saddleworth having a lovely walk, lunch, cocktails and a visit to Newbank Garden Centre.
LIFESTYLE, LEISURE, PLACES & HOME
Bringing a few Autumn touches to our home
I love Autumn & the phrase ‘feeling Autumnal’ definitely applies to me. I wasn’t quite ready for Summer to end this year. With being at home so much more, when its warm we can throw our doors & windows open and it gives us the feeling of more space. But as the temperature dropped I started to embrace the new Season and I’m now really looking forward to cosy, snuggly evenings. The first thing I do at the change of a season is change the scents in our home. I replace the Summery smells of my candles & diffusers for more Autumn smelling scents. The first new one I’ve purchased is The White Company’s Autumn Signature Candle & I’m in love with this crisp & fruity scent. I love to bring a few seasonal touches into my home accessories at the start of each new Season and one of my favourite things is a wreath on my door and one on my kitchen table as a centre piece surrounding a large candle. I usually get a new one each year, but I loved last year’s wreaths so much which are rich with Autumnal colours, leaves & baby pumpkins that I’ve brought them back out for this year. I’ll add more touches as I go along but for now, I’m enjoying embracing the new season and looking forward to some warm & cosy nights in by the fire.
BEAUTY, HEALTH & STYLE
NEOM is a brand I absolutely adore and as the nights are starting to close in, I’m swapping my evening showers for luxury bubble baths. Nothing feels more luxurious to me than NEOM’s range of bath products, a NEOM candle lit along with a glass of wine in the bath.
I’ve recently treated myself to a new Perfect Night’s Sleep Bath Foam, Pillow Mist & 3 wick candle & I adore them. Formulated with the NEOM Perfect Night’s Sleep fragrance containing English Lavender & Jasmine, the scents are wonderful and really do make me feel completely relaxed before a night’s sleep. I’ve not been sleeping very well recently but after a bath using these divine products I really do sleep better.
COCKTAIL OF THE MONTH
As it’s my birthday month I though I’d treat myself to a birthday cocktail
- 2 ounces Vodka
- 3 ounces Coconut Cream (or half and half)
- 1 ounce White Chocolate liqueur (I used Godiva)
- 1 ounce Amaretto
- For Glass rims:
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Place the honey and sprinkles on two separate shallow dishes. Dip your martini glass in the honey first and then into the sprinkles to coat the rim. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine all the ingredients with ice and shake very well. Pour cocktail into prepared glass.
FILM OF THE MONTH
My daughter Isabelle couldn’t wait for this to land on Netflix after seeing the trailer and when it did, I sat down to watch it with her. Superb performances throughout and a fabulous concept, this really was a fantastic watch from start to finish. Millie Bobby Brown is fabulous in the title role, she is so engaging & charismatic and a perfect choice for the role.
Well worth watching, I highly recommend this quirky film.
THIS MONTH I’M LOVING
Planning my Birthday Celebrations even though it will be very low key!
THIS MONTH I’M NOT LOVING
Back to working every Saturday. I love my job but I’m not going to lie, I loved having proper weekends in lockdown.
Also, we’ve now gone back into local lockdown as it looks like a second wave of Covid is hitting. Sad times!!
THIS MONTHS FAVOURITES
1. The Netflix series ‘Hollywood’
2. Slimming World. I’m over a stone down since I started and feel so much healthier & more energised. Still not where I want to be but I’m getting a bit of my confidence back. I’m not overweight to most people’s standards but a little more weight had crept on than I would have liked over lockdown and Slimming World without a doubt works best for me.
3. Henriot Champagne
4. The new series of ‘All Creatures Great & Small’. Easy comforting viewing (although I’d prefer it on a Sunday night)
5. NEOM perfect night’s sleep Face Oil
6. ‘This Works’ stress check roller ball
THOUGHT FOR THE MONTH