HELLO SEPTEMBER 2020
Well it really is back to reality with a bump this month. Belle and Max are ready to go back to school, I’m back teaching in the studios & Tony is back in the office 3 days a week. He still gets to work 2 at home though which is great as he has a long commute, so to not have to do it every day is much better for him.
FABULOUS THINGS THAT HAPPENED LAST MONTH
1. A beautiful trip to Cornwall
2. A fantastic week in Center Parcs & The Lake District
3. Some much needed time off after a few stressful months teaching my classes on Zoom & keeping my business running during lockdown
4. Sampling the amazing Rick Steins Fish & Chips in Padstow. Cornwall
5. A meal at the amazing Rick Stein Fish Restaurant in Falmouth Cornwall, delicious!
6. An amazing lunch at Harvey Nichols 4th Floor restaurant in Leeds with one of my best friends
7. A lovely day at one of my favourite childhood places – Beamish Museum in County Durham
8. A fabulous meal at Eric’s restaurant in Lindley, Huddersfield for Tony & my 17th Anniversary
LIFESTYLE, LEISURE, PLACES & HOME
During the school holidays Isabelle, Max & I enjoyed a day at Stockeld Park with my sister-in-law & 2 nephews who are 5 & 2.
I have been before when my children were much younger & although it’s too young for them now they enjoy looking after their little nephews so still enjoy family days out. We paid £13 each and, as the day went on we appreciated that this is very good value for money. We easily spent the whole day there and the amount of play areas and attractions such as Go Karts, Inflatable slide and bouncy pillow is vast which kept them busy all day. There are also many plans to expand with new attractions coming over the next year or so. There are also plenty of places to get snacks and refreshments and picnic areas if you want to take your own food and drinks. Stockeld also changes for each season will Halloween, bonfire night, Christmas and Easter etc catered for throughout the year. Definitely more aimed at younger children but fun (very wind swept) day was had by all.
BEAUTY, HEALTH & STYLE
I always find in between seasons tricky when it comes to fashion and this August seemed to go from glorious sunshine to dreary wind and rain over night. I’m very reluctant to put my Summer wardrobe away this year but sadly the time has come. It’s never easy to know what to wear when its not warm enough for Summer dresses anymore but not yet cold enough for your Winter wardrobe. I find a good, well cut pair of trousers with a smart classy top or blouse works well in the daytime. This way if it’s a brighter day a top with pattern or colour can brighten your look. If it’s a less formal day a good pair of jeans is a staple in a woman’s wardrobe, and these can be dressed up with a smart blazer. A few well-cut smart blazers in varying colours are an extremely useful item to have in your wardrobe for this time of year when you need a jacket to keep the chill off but you’re not quite ready for a thick coat. I love knitwear and always enjoy buying a few lighter jumpers for early Autumn. Some of my favourite High Street shops for knitwear this year are Jigsaw, Zara, Top Shop & Warehouse.
COCKTAIL OF THE MONTH
- 2 ounces Dubonnet
- 1 ounce Gin
- Lemon Wedge
- 2 Large Cubes of Ice
- Into a shaker add your Dubonnet and Gin. Stir with a bar spoon until fully chilled.
- In a rocks glass add two ice cubes and a lemon wedge. Strain cocktail into the rocks glass and over the ice and lemon. Serve.
FILM OF THE MONTH – Some old Classics this month
I’ve not seen this film for many years, so I was looking forward to watching it again when it was on TV recently. I love the concept of this film, looking at how different your life could have been if it had taken another turn, something as simple as missing your train. Excellent performances and a superb British accent from the fabulous Gwyneth Paltrow.
THIS MONTH I’M LOVING
That my kids can go back to school and back to a bit of normality
THIS MONTH I’M NOT LOVING
Not seeing my kids as much now they’re back at school, I miss them.
THIS MONTHS FAVOURITES
1. Jane McDonald’s Cruise programmes on channel 5. A true down to earth Yorkshire girl who I love to watch & my passion for Cruise Ships. Nice easy watching and it takes you to soe amazing destinations.
2. In the Frow – Influencer Victoria McGrath’s Youtube channel
3. Gordons Sicilian Lemon Gin
4. Silk Fred online ladies fashion store
5. Apple Cider Vinegar capsules
6. Whispering Angel Rose Wine
7. Re watching every episode of ‘Downton’ & ‘Mr Selfridge’ with Isabelle. Both just as good the second time around.
8. Peony’s, beautiful flowers
THOUGHT FOR THE MONTH